Dorm Room Appliances Safety Tip: Check campus housing regulations to learn what appliances are safe for your college, university, or boarding school dorm room.

DO BUY compact appliances for college or boarding school that are small in scale (dorm size), manufactured to operate on a standard 110/120v plug, UL Listed, and approved by your school's campus housing department for use in their residence halls.

DO NOT BUY appliances with an open flame or open coil such as hot plates or toasters. The majority of colleges, universities, and boarding schools consider these dorm room appliances unsafe, a fire hazard. As for irons and coffee makers, live dorm smart... stick with quality auto shutoff appliances for use in your dorm room to ensure your safety and the safety of your roommates.

All compact appliances on are UL Listed, tested and marked for safety, and manufactured to operate on a standard 110/120v plug in dorm rooms.

Shop by Category
Let's Get Social